Friday, January 25, 2008

The Golden Corral - Here @thebeach

I would have never believed it, but the Golden Corral in Myrtle Beach North in the Wal*Mart Shopping Center complex is actually very good. I mean, it's one of those all you can eat buffet places, but their veggies, pot roast, and fried chicken are outstanding. I mean, their fried chicken compares with Hoskins, and for me that is saying a lot. We took the Moms there for lunch the other day, and it was very worthwhile. Plus, you really cannot beat the price: less than $7 (senior's price) for lunch.

On another note, a bunch of us gathered at Fire Island in Bare Foot Landing for a 2 for 1 dinner night. I really like this place. They specialize in doing skewers dinners, where you get like 5 or 7 skewers mix and matched among beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, and veggies. Our next door neighbors, Vivian and Terry, organized this outing, and we're hoping for more.

This is a good time of year to hit a lot of these places since it's off season, so I should have some more mini reviews coming up - stay tuned.

C.B.'s coming in this weekend, and the OD Shag Club is doing an Oyster Shucking Saturday night, so we'll be going for some oysters, chicken bog, and shagging. No Tani, it is not the Austin Powers version, it's the state dance of South Carolina. Check it out at the OD Shag Club Website.

We're havin' some fun now. Especially if we stick to plan and hit Rioz on Sunday night for 50% off night.

I might be headed for Dallas this coming Tuesday, but I'm just not sure yet. Depends on timing, flight availability, et all, but it's a possibility. More on that later.

We just finished up on the Dallas Dinner Table website. It's open for business in the Dallas Metroplex. Check it out. My good buddy Pat helped a lot, as did Cliff and Chris. My sincere thanks to them for all there help.

More later .... TTFN

No comments: