Friday, July 04, 2008

Plane Crashes in NMB

My nephew-in-law and good friend Doug comes running in the house yesterday hollering at me to hurry and and come on down to the beach. A small single engine banner plane has crashed into the surf, and is upside down in the waves, about 10 - 15 feet off the beach itself. Well, I grabbed my vidcam and we raced off to the beach. Here's the video of the whole thing:

Now, was that exciting, or what?

Well, today is July the Fourth, and everyone will be celebrating in a myriad of ways. We're off to that most traditional of all celebrations, a knock down drag out pool party. Lots of good food, cold beer, frozen margaritas, and some really good beach music. Can't ask for more. And I think it was my long ago ancestor who said originally, "Give me Liberty, or give me the 2 party system, one on Friday, and one on Saturday."

'Nuff said, let's party. TTFN, and we'll see you at the next post.

No comments: